Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Noble Quest? Sadly, no. Let's title this: Crazy Quest.

Completing a half-ironman is a statement I have flapped my gums about for the past 5 years. Has this been accomplished? No. Admittedly there have been detours: life, work, travel, full-time school, mono, etc etc etc. But as my friend Merry says, "there are always excuses. Just pipe down and run!" It's time to light this fire.

For an early graduation present in addition to everything else to be done during 2010 (graduation, work, place to live, still looking for a husband, blah blah blah), I am making myself compete in a half ironman next Fall. This blog will be dedicated to the half-ironman-training-adventure....come what may. I do not envision that reading and writing about swimming, biking, and running will be all too captivating. Nevertheless, this should be interesting given that I was exhausted from a 3-mile walk on Sunday. What a starting point.

The goal: Haven't signed up yet, but there is one competition in consideration thus far:
Longhorn Half-Ironman in Austin, Texas on Sunday, October 17, 2010.

Yikes.

10 months. So much time. And yet, if 2010 is anything like 2009, it will be no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment