Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Misery...I mean, Running....loves company!

I found running buddies today at work!

The new project is to run during lunch.  We will run mostly outdoors around downtown Houston, but I was caught in a bind of trying to find runners to run with.  Running by oneself is soo, so boring.  Some people can run alone for 10 - 25 miles.  But I cannot.  I get bored and don't last farther than 2 miles on my own.

One of our trainers, Jeff, referred some runners to me who run my pace.  One of them, Karen, and I ran today.  My friend Elaine, another intern from last year, also sporadically joined us!  And she is training for a half marathon this fall, as well!  This will be fantastic.  Now we all have running buddies!

Today we ran 3 miles indoors, and yesterday I took a pyro class and went to swim practice.  Yes, this was the day after the Danskin triathlon.  The triathlon was inspiring in that it has motivated me to get back in shape.  But then, we've all heard me blast this tune before!

No comments:

Post a Comment