Monday, June 21, 2010

Where am I? What day is it?

Lord, what happened to the last two weeks?!

I knew this would happen, and yet I am still shocked.  I knew once I went back to work life would become a blur once again.  And indeed it has.  The good news is that I am not traveling, which I like. 

I really enjoy this job; but I am new at it and trying to figure it out.  And to buy a home.  And to train for a marathon.  And carry on normal life duties.  And read, learn, eat well, etc, etc, etc....... See why I said Life got crazy all of a sudden?

Speaking of running, I am going to do Weight Watchers.  I am lean, but I really should drop 10 lbs or so to run more efficiently.  Running efficiently is difficult when you are carting extra weight.  A work colleague explained the whole Weight-Watchers-point concept and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun, so I am going to do it!

This Saturday we do 9 miles.  Thank goodness.  last week was 11 miles so I was stressing about doing more than that since I missed the run last Saturday.   But I will prevail!

My parents are in Iceland right now; I can't wait to hear how that trip went.  They're so funny...and so active!  I do all I can to just keep up with them.

Well, all this aside, the plan for the rest of this week is pretty low key.  I am going to run on Thursday, and that is pretty much it until the long run on Saturday.  I am detoxing my system this week meaning that I am resting, eating right, and working a lot on chores around the house instead of taking off to run/swim/cycle/whatever.  There are just too many chores to be done, I need a few days off.

I'll check in soon.  Tah, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment