Monday, April 12, 2010

GALA!

Our Gala event was Saturday night.  And it was amazing!  I have never been to one of these types of events without a date, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I must have danced for 3 hours straight.  My feet and thighs are still burning.  And it was made worse by the fact that Mom wanted to do the Houston Heights Home Tour yesterday before we had post-Easter dinner with Reed & Allison and the crew.

Does the dancing count as training?!  Ha.  Well, perhaps not, but the 4 miles we walked for the Heights Home Tour definitely counts.

Jan and Me: High 5!
Oh, and that dress that I am wearing?  That would be my high school prom dress.

Yup, you read that right, folks: MY HIGH SCHOOL PROM DRESS!  From the Memorial High School Class of 1998 prom 12 years ago.  


Yes.  12 years.


And it still fit!  And is still beautiful in style!  I got my hair blown out and my makeup done: I felt like a princess.  It was wonderful beyond words for everyone to get all dolled up.  We had so much fun.


Okay, so in a wrap-up for the events over the past few days:
Saturday morning: 10 mile Heights run
Sunday: 4 mile Heights walk for Heights Home Tour
Today: Swimming; 1.5 hours.  I will give a report on the amount later.

I just checked the calendar, and there are 54 more days until the Danskin Triathlon in Austin.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment