Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jarheads or Bust!

That's right, people. It is official!

I REGISTERED AND AM RUNNING THE FULL MARINE CORPS MARATHON!

Eat my running shoes. My card has been charged, I have the registration confirmation in hand, and I have already been assigned a number. There is no turning back now!

I was really stressing over this. I told Mom this morning that I had a strange dream about the MCM marathon registration process: I dreamt that I was pacing until 12:00 p.m. Eastern (when registration opened) and then could not log on via my PC. I tried every computer in the house, then every computer in every house on our street, and still to no avail.

I finally logged on (no, I do not remember how, nor on what computer) to find that, lo and behold, the marathon was full and registration was closed.

Nooooooooooooo!

And then I woke up. Isn't that strange? It's almost as bad as those poor souls who dream about Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint decks.

Sheesh.

To celebrate and to rev this bod in further training gear, I swam a ton today. 6,100 yards. That's right, folks; you read that right: I am a machine! I gave all the thoroughbreds a run for their money. Of course, they are going super-slow and resting since they are in uber-tapering mode for the Zones meet this weekend in the Woodlands, but that is beside the point. I was a thoroughbred pacer for the day. How sweet life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment