Monday, April 19, 2010

Runner's Knee? And MS 150 Thoughts...

No, I did not do anything athletically productive today.

BUT, I did finish ALL of my final assignments! FOREVER! Lord, this is the best feeling; I feel like I could fly!

And I volunteered most of the day Friday at the MS 150 Expo. It was awesome, and so inspiring. I am definitely signing up next year AND I am going to actively fundraise. This can and will be done...how thrilling!

Saturday I ran about 8 miles. We ran River Oaks and all of that nature got to me. I skipped a leg of the run and had Yvonne drive my from the Rose Garden to the Shell station because all of that nature (pollen) made me really nauseous. And my knee started bugging me in the middle of the run. I logged onto a couple of runners' blogs about it and quite a number said that Omega-3 supplemented prevent and lessen inflammation (in the patella. Which is what runner's knee is). Sounds odd to me....but I'll go for it. After all, fish is one of the best things for you. Even Jesus said so!

And now that the deliverable work is done (for now) it is time to focus on training! Plan for this week:
Swimming: 5X
Cycling: at least 1X (Wednesday a.m., most likely.)
Running: 1 Rice loop (3 miles) and hopefully long run this weekend. Depending on my knee.
Yoga: at least 1X

I've been icing my knee throughout the weekend; we shall see how this goes.

Tomorrow is the NAWMBA Appreciation Breakfast. Our last NAWMBA event for the 2009-2010 academic year. I CAN'T believe it. Where did the year go?

No comments:

Post a Comment