Monday, January 25, 2010

Lifting


If Marilyn could do it, then so can I!

After spin class this morning, I lifted for the first time...in a long time. Truthfully, my goal is to keep up with my mother. The woman is so strong. I want to be able to go lift with her and hold my own. The times I tried to keep up with her over the holidays, I failed miserably at this feat.

It felt pretty good to lift some weights again! I remember Trainer Ken telling us that of any and all sports and hobbies, lifting weights are an extremely important complement to your training to both increase and maintain your strength. That is my plan. I figure lifting just twice a week will be plenty of strength training.

Another gorgeous day in Houston, Texas. And, a perspective client, J.D. came to see us from California! It was a treat that she came all this way for due diligence purposes. I hope it works out, and it was wonderful to be there for Dad. Although, I DID somewhat feel like I was starring as Sonny (well, preferably Michael) in a scene straight from the Godfather: the Don, consigliere, understudy, and all. And, indeed, this was all at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment