Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recovery

Today was a glorious day! It is January 24 and I wore a sundress and sandals all day today. This is why Houston is the greatest city in the world.

First of all, as promised, here is a count of last week's practices:
1.) Swimming - 4 times
2.) Cycling - 1 time + core conditioning + (mini) lifting. Which I promise to do more of this week.
3.) Running - 2 times = ~13 miles (5 on Tuesday and 8-9 on Saturday).

About 80% of the set goal was achieved. Yes! It feels so good to be getting back to my normal self! Today was a recovery day. My body was so happy to sleep in a little bit this morning. I went to church and helped with the kids, which was so fun. We all went to lunch...which I really should do more often because I am acting anti-church-social. No! We have such a cute, loving little church family. I had lunch with Laura and Dan before running off to the apartment to pack up.

Dad volunteered his services, so I recruited him to come on over and help me move the stuff back to the house. The reason I am mentioning all of this is because technically, this is a workout. A lifting of weights, of sorts. we moved about 20 trips worth of stuff into the car, and home, and upstairs to my room, which I will heretofore refer as "my suite." Because it is huge. I did not realize how enormous it is. My arms are pretty beat from listing furniture and kids all day today! But it was wonderful. Tomorrow it is back to the grind and back to work/school. Here are the goals (although I am leaving on Thursday):
1.) Swimming - 4 times
2.) Cycling - 2 times + 2 core classes + 2 lifting sessions
3.) Running - 2 times (5-10 miles)


No comments:

Post a Comment