Saturday, March 13, 2010

Douze (12 in French)

Douze....I never thought how similar this is to dozen.

Good thing all that Latin I took is kicking in (sorry if I smacked you in the face with that dripping sarcasm there).

This is a success report: We all ran 12 miles this morning!

It was a success! It was a fun run: I ran with Yvonne again and a newbie, Joan, joined us. Joan is planning on running a marathon in October too, so we might be training buddies for our respective marathons.

Sweet. Because running by oneself is the pits. I cannot do it. Scratch that. I refuse to do it.

Reed and Sadie came over today! We had uber-fun playing in the park and walked on over to La Madeleine for brunch (where audio french lessons were playing in the ladies' room...hence the title of this post being "douze," which is french for 12). Sadie loves bread. I have never seen a child SO excited to get bread. I thought she was going to jump out of her skin and her little shoes!

Needless to say my legs are shot. How to pace with the training this week? Hmm. Stay tuned for a report on the training plan.

Daylight savings tonight. We lose an hour. Drat!

No comments:

Post a Comment