Friday, March 12, 2010

To Lubbock, or Not To Lubbock?

Has it really been over a week? Oops! Oh, well. Life calls sometimes.

This post is in honor of my Aunt Mary Lee, a.k.a. my Aunt Barbie. Mary Lee is planning on doing her first triathlon this spring/summer. And I am so proud of her! The triathlon is the Buffalo Springs triathlon in May/June. The one in May I cannot go to since it is graduation day. The one in June is on Sunday, June 27. That one I can possibly make, and I asked Sean about coming, but he cannot miss his science camp counselor work at all this summer. It is a spring triathlon, we shall see if we make it or not. If not, there is plenty to do!

I took last weekend off and rested. And it was awesome. My body was so happy! And most of this week, I was in Lubbock visiting Mammaw. Here's the debrief from the week:
Monday: Swim 1000 yards
Tuesday: yoga class
Wednesday: Body sculpting class (which was basically weightlifting. I still hurt)
Friday: yoga class with Mom + swimming; 2800 yds
Saturday: 12 miles running (hopefully)

Yoga class this week was awesome. I am going to have to do this more often as cross training. My body loved it. My mother is a rock star at it, I just want to try and keep up with her. Triathlon-training-wise, I think I am doing alright. I just read over this blog from the beginning and it's amazing how far one gets from barely being able to walk 3 miles from being so tired from mono!

Running tomorrow morning with the crew. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment