Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not one cloud. Not one.

Today was an unexpected workout binge. First of all, I worked in kid's church this morning, which I am unashamedly counting as exercise because I ended up doing nothing but chase around toddlers for one hour. Straight. And when I say chase, I mean sprint. But we had so much fun! And they are such good, cute kids and they were playing so well with each other. I think they were excited to have playful attention from an adult at church that they got a little carried away.

After all that, Jami and I rode our bikes from her house to Rice. She lives in Meyerland, so it's an 18-mile round trip bike ride. Oh, and I haven't been on a bike physically since August. And I could not find my regular bike pedals so had to use my clips. Which are not so good for city riding. I fell no less than 4 times. Argh. SO embarrassed.

Did I mention that when we got to Rice we swam? With the team? Long course meters? For the whole hour and a half workout? Which was about 3,500 meters...and then rode our bikes home?

My arms were dead before I even got in the water. I had to write all this down before I forgot because I am about to fall down and pass out. Laundry and chores are just going to have to wait until tomorrow.

In all of the adventures today, I did not see one cloud.

Not one.

Extremely unusual for Houston. But glorious, nonetheless! I attribute this phenomenon to Mom. She is out of town, and of course it is always gorgeous when she is not here. The rain follows her wherever she goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment