Sunday, March 21, 2010

Swimming and Submarines

Today is Sunday and usually this is a Sabbath day of rest and I take the day off. But not today! Church was lovely, then after hours and hours at school slaving over my advocacy plan assignment, I crossed the street to go to swim practice to at least move a little bit.

Umm...I did not realize that I would be moving around A LOT.

Practice on Sunday is not only in long course meters, but it is 1.5 hours. We did about 38oo meters, or 4,000 yards. Sheesh. The good news I think that there will be NO trouble getting to sleep tonight!

OK; since you are super, super interested (saracasm!) the practice was:
900 warm up
1000 kick and swim set
1500: 250,150,50,50 - swim, pull, kick
400: 8 50 sprints
200: cool down

It was really windy. But a beautiful day, otherwise. I have tan lines! Haven't seen those in a few years.

Mom and I are vegging on the couches watching the Hunt for Red October. Such an awesome movie. Does it ever get old? Why aren't movies made like this anymore? Pure dialogue; great characters, great plot. Real men with dignity, morals, and strength. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment