Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back in the Saddle


Sorry that I have not updated you since Saturday. This weekend was a blur. And Reed's Super Bowl party was awesome. I have not been able to spend QT with Reed and Allison in a couple of months, so their Super Bowl party was lovely. We all ate way too much and had so much fun just hanging out.

And the second I stopped watching the game, the Saints started winning. YES! Now if only I could control my poor Notre Dame Irish Football team like that. But I know that is still the stuff of dreams...

Needless to say I did not get up yesterday morning to ride. It is more appropriate to say that I could not get up. I had a cheese-induced food hangover all day yesterday. Which was exacerbated by (A) the fact that we could not swim yesterday afternoon because it started to lightning and pour down rain, and (B) my slightly less-than-healthy dinner last night.

Ugh. My tummy is still angry with me. But that's OK! Every day is a new day.

I meant to sleep in this morning, but woke up at 3:00 a.m. and twiddled my thumbs. I prayed and read for a while, then thought to brave the elements and go run. Again, it was lovely! Our gang consisted of Merry, Pat, Larry, Daniel, and myself! We had a great time. It was so nice to pour my heart out to Merry about life's dramas. Thank God for wonderful, wise women that He places in our lives. He is so good to me.

It felt really nice to get out on the road! And to lift. I confess I thought that it was going to be rough with all the food still running around rampant in my system somewhere, but I believe that the whole point is just to get up and DO IT.

This Friday is our big conference. It will be amazing. But I am trying to plan out the training/workouts for this week. I think what will happen is the following:
cycling - 1 time. Tomorrow morning.
Running - T, TH, and hopefully Sunday morning! (At 6:30. Then church. Have never done this. Should be a most interesting adventure).
Swimming - T pm, Sunday pm(?)/Maybe TH last half of am(?)

This week is going to be a gamble....Wish me luck! And in the words of my lovely Mammaw, "Have a Happy Today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment