Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Freedom!

My last final was today! It was in strategic cost Management, which basically means strategic accounting, and the case was fascinating. Every other final was take-home, so I am DONE!Wohoo! And tomorrow is an Olympic-Watch party at Carin's!

Mom convinced me to go swimming tomorrow morning rather than running. I have blisters from running on saturday, and they still hurt. I registered today for the ConocoPhillips Rodeo Run thisSaturday, so it probably would be best to rest my feet and cross train. Saturday will be fun: 10K race starting and ending in downtown. But I am going to park at Memorial Park and run in. I'll probably end up running about 15 miles on Saturday. It will be a great day.


Allow me to review what training looked like this week for you:
1.) Monday - Long Course swim practice in the morning, and short course swimming in the p.m. About 5,000 yards total.
2.) Tuesday - running 5 miles in the morning followed by weightlifting. The running was really painful due to the blisters, but I defeated the feet. Although I'm giving them the rest of the week off.
3.) Today - REST. Although I did break down and register for the Rodeo Run 10K, buy a digital watch, and shake-'n-bake inserts for my shoes. I am very much looking forward to using them.
4.) Tomorrow - Swimming and weightlifting. If I am feeling really dangerous, I might just swim again in the afternoon. I shall keep you posted.

So, that's that. It's nice to catch up with you. I have missed posting this thing. This week has been a blur. I am in the week-long Rice Executive Education Energy Certification class this week and it is fantastic. I am so grateful to be in the class!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment