Thursday, February 11, 2010

Speedy [Update] Gonzalez; in more than one dimension...

Tomorrow is the big day! The 10th Annual Women in Leadership Conference as hosted by the Rice Chapter of NAWMBA! This event has been one year in the making, so please forgive my lack of posts lately. All of my time has been devoted to the conference. By the way, it is 10:12 p.m. right now and I need to be up at Rice in business formal wear by 6:00 a.m. Yikes.

Since this will be so brief, let me give you a rundown of the 'training' (I like to call it that. It does make me feel better about my habits!):

Yesterday - spin class and ab class. Light lifting session - legs. This was immediately followed by Dad picking me up for a mad dash to Orange, Texas for the business board meeting. It was fascinating......albeit intense. Times are tough right now and we are not immune. Which is another reason that I am enjoying this training track/blog. It is a distraction!
Today - 5 miles at Memorial Park and 3 miles in the gym. 8 miles total. My legs were not happy by any means, and I am certain that they will have more to say with regards to their anger tomorrow morning. How I am dreading getting out of bed.

Wish me luck tomorrow! We are all so excited. The cocktail reception was this evening and it was gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment