Sunday, February 21, 2010

Battle Scars are so cool

We ran 12 miles yesterday from Memorial Park to the George R. Brown and back. It was awesome - I had thought we were only going to run 8-9. I took all of last week off due to events, obligations, and subsequently did not exercise a t all and ate a lot and just let my body recover. As a result, I was nervous about running yesterday and thought I would be in pain. But it felt great! I am certain this was due to my body being rested.

However, on mile 10.5ish, I took a nosedive into a driveway after stepping up onto a curve. Or, trying to step up onto a curb. I guess my legs were more tired than I thought they were. They just would not move. I immediately had two very bloody palms, a monster scar covering the entire right side of my right thigh, and a beautiful bruise on my left knee. I totally look like I got in a fight, blodyslammed someone, and won. It is pretty awesome. Even more awesome because there was no major damage, and we all finished the run immediately.

Oh, and I also have blisters on my feet since I wore new shoes.

I ran with the (slow group) within our running group: Aki, Yvonne, and a newbie to our group, Jessica. It was such a lovely day! And we have a nice group so it was a lot of fun and went by a lot faster than we had thought it would.

As a result of the blisters, my attempt to get up this morning and run failed miserably. I will run again on Tuesday and swim and/or lift this afternoon. As well as finishing all of my finals after church. Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment